October 21, 2011

Motherhood

(photo from a lunch date with my boy)


This kid has changed my world in every good way possible. 
The journey to becoming a parent was so full of joy, but also carried so many unknowns. And while there is much that we want to teach our son, I don't ever want to hold him to any standards, I just want to love him in whatever path he chooses in life. I can't wait to experience the adventures this little boy is going to take us on. 
The dreams of watching him grow and experiencing life in his own way is more than I can handle sometimes. Nothing can prepare you for the joy that being a parent brings.
I wake up each morning to a curious brown eyed boy anxiously waiting to nurse. I watch him grow and learn before my eyes. There's literally nothing that compares to being a mother. And oh my gosh, what a blessing a happy baby is. I was so in love with the name Isaac because of the meaning "laughter" and each day this little mister confirms that it was the perfect choice for him. 
My heart bursts with love for this boy & my loving husband.
I thank God for such a blessed life each day, even on the tough days.
Our life isn't at all perfect, but I completely believe that life is what you make of it.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment