March 18, 2012

Isaac's First Birthday

My newborn is now a one year old, and I absolutely love it. This age is so awesome, he is so smart and interested in life! To celebrate my baby's first year of life, we had a small party at our home. Although I wanted to keep his party fairly simple and small, I couldn't wait to decorate and set up! I started working on decorations a few months in advance. The fabric garland hanging above the dessert table is the first thing I made. I filled pretty glass jars with blue and red candy, and framed a few of his one year photos. We went back and forth on just having cupcakes, or ordering a big cake.. In the end I am so happy we went with the cake from a local woman who bakes out of her home. The cake was so pretty and exactly what I had wanted, she did a great job! I'm a little sad it's gone. I had ordered a few cupcake toppers months prior, so although we had more than enough cake, my full term sister-in-law was still sweet enough to bake a batch of Reese's cupcakes for my boy's party, so that I could use my toppers. ;)
For the "1" canvas I just made a few pompom's and hot glued them on.

 This little hat was the most difficult thing I had to make, it took a lot of trial and error, but it ended up coming out so pretty! The only problem is that my boy did not like to wear it! I would try putting it on him weeks before the party and he wasn't having it, same thing the day of his party! But it was still pretty cute.
 This red and blue banner is made with wool felt and burlap. It's my favorite party decoration I made, and it's now hanging over Isaac's crib. I love it! The felt pieces are sewn on with a pretty zigzag stitch, and the banner is threaded with red and white twine.

 This sweet "Happy Birthday" banner was ordered from Bekah Jennings Etsy shop, It's well made so I hope to use it each year for birthdays!

 The highchair banner and fruit cup wrappers were made with my silhouette cameo machine.
I had Isaac's shirt made at a local screen printing shop called Artistic Stitches, it turned out perfect!

My baby had a lot of cake to eat! I thought it would be a little hard to watch him dig into a big sugary cake, but I loved it. He will just have to wait until his next birthday before experiencing something like that again. :)

It was a great day. My baby was in a really good mood throughout the party and really enjoyed it all.
Happy First Birthday, my darling boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment