August 8, 2011

Isaac: 5 months

My little man is 5 months old. Let me just start out by saying.. this is my absolute favorite age so far. And I know it's only going keep getting more exciting as my boy grows.
He has changed so much over the past month. His little personality has been shining and I can't get enough of it. He is such a little ham, constantly giggling out of control. Isaac knows just how funny he is and has recently started trying to make Matt and I laugh, while he's acting crazy he will pause with a big smile to look at us until we laugh for him and then he will start back up!
He is also so ticklish and it's an easy way to get his sweet little laugh going.
One night he was cracking up so hard Matt actually got a little concerned and told me to stop making him laugh for a minute hah! I feel like I am so blessed to have such a happy little boy. I can hardly even handle the thoughts of how amazing he will be as a toddler.


What my little man has been interested in lately (other than laughing and cracking jokes):
  • He loves those little feet of his. Each time we lay him on the changing table he pulls them up to his mouth, it makes diaper changes easier with him cooperating ;)
  • He has been rolling onto his belly a lot, and I found him on his belly after a nap one day so now I'm always having to peek in and check on him more than usual during his nap times. He actually enjoys tummy time now!
  • It's become impossible to give this boy a bath without getting soaked. Bath time has always been his favorite, but now he goes completely wild kicking and throwing his arms around to create as much splashing as he can.
  • He has been interested in sitting up lately and is doing pretty awesome at it. He keeps himself in a sitting position but then eventually topples over once he gets too excited. He loves the outdoors so we sit in the backyard for a bit each day. We are usually lounged back in the chair a little but he always pulls himself up into a sitting position and stays that way on his own the entire time, in my lap of course. 
  • He tries to grab everything.. and by everything, I mean EVERYTHING the kid sees. His favorite by far is the dogs, specifically Lola. She is always hanging out by Isaac lately and he loves his lolo. Every chance he gets, he will grab a chunk of her fur. It can't bother her too much because she always goes back to love on him.
  • We are still exclusively breastfeeding. No solids for this boy just yet, maybe next month? We shall see.
While my little man is the sweetest angel, he did throw his first fit the other day when we took a bag of hamburger buns from him that he was destroying. I don't know if we should consider that one of his new interests, but it was cute and pretty funny.



I caught the very end of one of his giggle fits on my phone the other day, this is the laugh that melts my heart every single day.



Happy 5 months, my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment