June 3, 2010

A goodwill find

I stopped by goodwill on my way to the grocery store the other day, convinced I may find a wooden knife block I could paint.

Instead I left with this pretty lady.

I've been dying to spray paint and glaze a piece of furniture that actually has detail, so after seeing the curves on this baby- I wasn't going anywhere without her.

After Lola approved & also helped remove most of the spider webs, I wiped it down and started painting. Until I ran out of spray paint and was too much of a mess to run to wal-mart.
I think I want to add a cushion  at some point, but I'm pretty anxious just to get the painting and glazing finished for now. I'll have to paint in between commercials watching the Celtics and Lakers battle tonight.

Go Celtics! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment